Blue Wash applied to Sony RAW clip in a project created in vr1.4.4 then opened in vr1.5.1

Greetings,

I have found an interesting bug in our transition tests from 1.4.4 to 1.5.1. I had loaded SONY RAW clips into a test project but accidentally set this all up in vr1.4.4. Once I realized my mistake I switched over to vr1.5.1 and noticed that the clips I had loaded in the previous version had a blue wash to them. Checking the color tab all values on all tabs where set to default/unity. The only way to fix this was to delete the clip from the clip bin and re-import. Loading SONY RAW clips directly into vr1.5.1 works fine and I have not encountered any problem other then the 1.4.4 to 1.5.1 bug. to ensure this wasn’t a one of I tried replicating it this morning and was able to re-create the results from the previous evening.

Thanks for going to the trouble of reproducing it!

We did make a number of changes to how we handle Sony RAW clips and updated our Sony SDK version between v 1.4 and 1.5, so it’s possible an old parameter got incorrectly translated.

We’ll look into it, but for now I’d stick to the old “If it hurts when you do that, don’t do that” prescription… unless you have a reason you’ll need to continue working with jobs in both versions?

Sure thing Amy,

I don’t think we will be transitioning any current shows to version 1.5. Instead we will start upcoming shows with the new version. That way we have a fresh vr 1.5 project and data base. As always thanks for the insight and quick reply.

~Ethan