Cortex crashing when opening folders with illegal characters

I’m hesitant to report this as a bug as it should be common knowledge.
We recently received some R3D files that were 5K. When we attempted to import the files the cortex would bring the clips in and immediately turn them red in the bin and the system would crash. After careful examination we found that in the sub-folders there were folders named with illegal characters “card#1 . 9 5 14” or just card#2.
Once we discovered this and corrected the naming of the folders all was well.

1 Like

See also:

In my case it crashed the cortex.

Guessing that has something to do with them being Red files.

We could certainly handle this better. Thanks for reporting it.