Cortex Vr1.5.1b4280 UI Bug with Editing/Deleting Comments

Greetings,

I have been testing the vr 1.5.1 beta and have encountered a small UI bug. I’ve noticed that on occasion (probably about 40% of the time) when right clicking with the intent of editing or deleting a comment I can choose which action I’d like to perform but it won’t actually apply. In the case of the delete function If I restart the app it will work. This bug also pops up if I double click the comment for the edit function. Thanks,

~Ethan

@24pdailies Are these comments that you have created/added yourself on this system or are they comments imported from another system’s Manifest?

These are comments that I have added to the clip myself.

~Ethan

@24pdailies Couple more questions

• about how many comments would you say are per clip?
  • do you vary Severity levels
  • What processes (color, sync, etc) have been completed prior to the initial adding of comments?
  • When you go back to edit and have the problem, has it been added to a Reel yet? Or have you since changed/added color or sync?
  • Any other patterns or potential patterns you notice?

"about how many comments would you say are per clip?"
Just one.

"do you vary Severity levels"
No change to severity.

"What processes (color, sync, etc) have been completed prior to the initial adding of comments?"
I used the Auto-Sync without Offset function to get Audio Sync and Scene/Take information

"When you go back to edit and have the problem, has it been added to a Reel yet? Or have you since changed/added color or sync?"
Not yet added to the reel and no changes were made to metadata since the comment was first entered.

"Any other patterns or potential patterns you notice?"
None off the top of my head, sorry.

I have more testing to do this week so if I start to see a pattern or I’’ be sure to check back in. Thanks,

~Ethan

Thanks Ethan,

I’m having trouble reproducing it here, so I was hoping for a clue. I’ll keep trying.

We were able to reproduce this, but only in the case where there were multiple comments on a given clip. That issue has been resolved in build 4432

@24pdailies are you still able to reproduce this problem or did the fix in build 4432 fix it for you too?

Greetings David,

I finally spun back around to test this and I can confirm that this bug is no longer a problem. As always thanks for the excellent support.

~Ethan

1 Like

Thanks for confirming!