If you find the default out-of-the-box sensitivity for the Tangent Wave or Element controls is not to your liking, here’s how you can change them:
- Go to
C:\Program Files\MTI Film\Cortex_buildnumber\
- Create a backup copy of
controls.xmlin a text editor, such as Notepad
- Find the Parameter node with Name
Primary Lift Master
- The following two nodes will be
Primary Lift Diff Xand
Primary Lift Diff Y
- Within each node, find the
- Adjust this value - smaller numbers make the balls less sensitive (i.e., they will not jump as far with each movement).
For quick adjustment, simply add 0’s after the decimal point to make the trackballs less sensitive, then adjust the final digit as needed.
- Repeat for
Generally, the StepSize should be consistent for all 6 parameters.
- Save and close the file and restart Cortex for the changes to take effect.