Add Print Status to ALE

We recently had a request to add print status (i.e, circle v B-neg) to the ALE generated by CORTEX.

I think this should be pretty easy to add. We already do something like this in the PDF reports, but not in the ALE. I have seen people add some text to the take field sometimes to indicate the status.

Would be good to know whether there are any strong preferences for what this column is called, etc.

Hereā€™s a thought:

Print Status
Circled
B-neg
Starred

Or

Print Status
O
X
O*

We use ā€œCircletakeā€. Note: when we log, our clips are either circled or not circled; we donā€™t use starred takes. But thatā€™s just us.

Also, in this column we use the @ symbol - itā€™s a lot harder to ignore or miss in an ALEā€™s mass of text and numbers.

But again, thatā€™s just us. Curious to know what others use.

1 Like

Yeah, we find that starred or ā€œsupercircledā€ takes are not as commonly used as the standard circle/b-neg formula, but enough folks were making use of it we thought it was a worthwhile option to add.

Iā€™d be interested to know othersā€™ conventions symbol-wise as well!

I recently saw another ALE that used:

Circled
Y
N

In some of our code, like the PDF report summary info, we count ā€˜starredā€™ takes as circled when counting total run time. So its useul to think of a starred take as a special kind of circle take.

Iā€™m leaning toward this right now:

Circled
O
X
O*