Calculating MaxFALL and MaxCLL Analysis

Hello Peter,

I had included this at the end of my first topic but I think this deserves a new one:

Thanks for your guidance, I was able to start a project properly with a good Timeline.
I am trying to calculate MaxFALL and MaxCLL using a file that I had results for from two other sources.
The results that I got from Cortex is as follows,
Max FALL = 157.69 MaxCLL = 626.00
Max FALL = 01:12:31:17 MaxCLL = 01:48:20:05

Results from AJA Colour Front: Max FALL = 198.0344 MaxCLL = 943.0349

Results in Resolve: Max FALL = 198.05 MaxCLL = 999.93

There are discrepancies between all the results but Cortex came up with far different results than AJA or Resolve. I do notice that Cortex used In and Out points I didn’t choose, Max FALL = 01:12:31:17 MaxCLL = 01:48:20:05 , My in and outs were 00:59:59:00 to 01:49:50:00

I did the analysis three times with always the same results, one of the times was when I still had the Whitepoint error. I like the fact I got the same result each time but I don’t think it is correct. Is there anything you can suggest when I do the Analysis or is Cortex working the way it should?

Milton Davis

Different programs use different filtering techniques to exclude outliers, compression overshoots, etc. You could try the analysis again with the Brightness Tolerance, Gamut Tolerance, and Gamut Min Brightness all set to 0. What type of source file were you analyzing? The Max FALL and Max CLL timecodes are the points where those values are the highest and not an indication of the in/out you chose to analyze.