CORTEX v5.5 Release Notes
- QA Tool Simultaneous Batch Analysis: Allows multiple modes of audio and video analysis to be
- Dolby ATMOS Timeline Audio Waveform: Displays waveforms in timelines to facilitate ATMOS
- Dead Pixel Render: Render only “fixed” shots when preparing IMF supplemental packages.
- NexGuard Forensic Watermarking: Add NexGuard forensic watermarking to Cortex renders. (contact Nagra directly for a NexGuard license needed to use this feature in Cortex: NAGRA NexGuard)
- BBC IMF: Produce IMF packages that conform to BBC delivery requirements (developed in
concert with BBC engineers).
- RDD 59-1 IMF: Produce IMF packages in SMPTE RDD 59-1.
- IMF Markers: Expands and simplifies browsing IMF markers.
- Loudness Meter: Supports dialogue-gating in loudness measurement. Adds presets for Netflix,
Apple and other common standards.
- IMF Package Import and Validation: IMF packages are automatically validated upon render.
- Encrypted Assets: Use encrypted assets in any composition.
- Extract Audio Groups from MXF and QuickTime: Automatically extract audio grouping and
mixes to expediate rendering.
- Auto Composition with Dolby Vision Metadata: Automatically include Dolby Vision metadata
from source in composition.
- XDCAM Deliverables. Adds ability to set AFD flags.
- Composition Audio Configuration. Adds the ability to define QuickTime audio track details.
- EDL Import: Now includes color.
- Shift+Left/Shift+Right: Arrow jumps by one second.
- Copy Tool: Copy large file counts—hundreds or even thousands of files—more efficiently.
- Waveform Monitor: Now includes line select.
- DCP MXF File Naming: Adds a checkbox for file naming conventions.
- Encrypted Atmos. Encrypt ATMOS files within DCPs.
- Max Luminance Detection & Reporting: Max luminance in addition to RGB HDR 10 values.
- Output Filenames: Automatically fix bad filenames.
- DCP Enhancements: DCP seconds in KDM Time, drag-and-drop certification files.
- Sub-Clips: Generate sub-clips in Sony RAW and RED.
- SDI: Output options improved.
- Expanded Metadata Editing for DPP AS-11
- Enhanced Error Reporting for Render Issues, Including Bad File Names
- Updated Support for Blackmagic, Arri and Sony Cameras.
- Import EDL dialog hidden under player in Edit
- Fixed slow playback for long composition in Graphs
- DCP overlapping subtitles
- XAVC MXF file format fixes
- Dolby Vision XML export with target display values from all events
- Korean text capability in IMF Validator